This online program will help you understand what constitutes a coral reef ecosystem and how food webs result in the movement of energy from organism to organism. You will also learn about seagrass and mangrove ecosystems, which are associated with coral reefs. This program will introduce you to some of the major groups of organisms that live on coral reefs, such as phytoplankton, zooplankton, algae, plants, coral, fish, sponges, echinoderms, arthropods, worms and mollusks. You will also learn some of the basic interactions that occur between these groups, discover example species and learn some of their interesting behaviors. Finally, this program will introduce you to the Beautiful Oceans Coral Reef Organism Behavior Tool and will provide you with an easy way to apply this tool to creatures you encounter on coral reefs. This tool will teach you how your creature of interest gets the energy it needs to survive and when the best time to observe the creature is.
Contact us to order your online program and start learning today.
How does the online program work?
- Upon payment, you will receive a unique access code for enrolment in the Beautiful Oceans eAcademy
- Your online program consists of a self-study environment, accessible for an entire year, 24/7
- 30 interactive topics with text and pictures illustrate the key concepts while beautiful coral reef video clips put these concepts in context and show you the creatures in their natural environment
- An interactive online glossary highlights words and concepts throughout the text and provides further information when clicked
- Quizzes are available at the end of each topic and allow you to assess your progress
- An interactive final comprehensive knowledge review allows you to test your knowledge. The final review is based on multiple choice questions coming out of the quizzes
- Upon the successful completion of your online program, an online certificate of completion can be printed out and attests your successful participation in the program
I addition to receiving access codes for your online course, you will receive the following course material:
- A collector’s binder to hold your course manual and additional Creature Discovery Kits
- A 130-page, full-color printed course manual entitled ‘Coral Reef Ecosystem & Food Web” that fits into your collector’s binder
- A computer headset with microphone that allows you to watch and listen to video files that accompany each online topic
- You will receive three fascinating Creature Discovery Kits: Green turtle, Queen Triggerfish and the Caribbean Spiny Lobster. Each kit consists of a beautiful 4-page-insert for your collector’s binder and a wallet-sized plastic pocket dive slate for in-water use. (In total, thirty Creature Discovery Kits are available. You may want to add more creatures to your collector’s binder while ordering your online course).
- The In-water collector’s handbook completes your collection. This submersible handbook has been designed to hold your wallet-sized plastic pocket dive slates that will accompany you on dives or snorkels
To order your online program, contact us, and start learning today. Accompanied course material will be shipped by mail.
For the program, Coral Reef Architecture & Organisms, click here.