Online Program: Coral Reef Architecture and Organisms
This program will familiarize you with the six zones of a typical fringing coral reef and some of the organisms found in each zone. You will discover a simple system to recognize specific coral reef zones and understand why some species are more abundant in some zones than others. The most common behaviors exhibited by coral reef organisms will be studied. You will understand why scientific names of coral reef species are important, and discover an easy way to help you learn these names. This program will also introduce you to the process by which fringing reefs, barrier reefs and atolls are formed.
To order your online program, contact us, and start learning today.
How does the online program work?
I addition to receiving access codes for your online course, you will receive the following course material:
- Upon payment, you will receive a unique access code for enrolment in the Beautiful Oceans eAcademy
- Your online program consists of a self-study environment, accessible for an entire year, 24/7
- 30 interactive topics with text and pictures illustrate the key concepts while beautiful coral reef video clips put these concepts in context and show you the creatures in their natural environment
- An interactive online glossary highlights words and concepts throughout the text and provides further information when clicked
- Quizzes are available at the end of each topic and allow you to assess your progress
- An interactive final comprehensive knowledge review allows you to test your knowledge. The final review is based on multiple choice questions coming out of the quizzes
- Upon the successful completion of your online program, an online certificate of completion can be printed out and attests your successful participation in the program
- A collector’s binder to hold your course manual and additional Creature Discovery Kits
- A 130-page, full-color printed course manual entitled ‘Coral Reef Architecture & Organisms’ that fits into your collector’s binder
- A computer headset with microphone that allows you to watch and listen to video files that accompany each online topic
- You will receive three fascinating Creature Discovery Kits: Threespot Damselfish, Stingray and Yellow Tube Sponge. Each kit consists of a beautiful 4-page-insert for your collector’s binder and a wallet-sized plastic pocket dive slate for in-water usage. (In total, thirty Creature Discovery Kits are available. You may want to add more creatures to your collector’s binder while ordering your online course).
- The In-water Collector’s Handbook completes your collection. This submersible handbook has been designed to hold your wallet-sized plastic pocket dive slates that will accompany you on every dive or snorkel
To order your online program, contact us, and start learning today. Accompanied course material will be shipped by mail.
For the program Coral Reef Ecosystem & Food Web, click here.